Spacious, capable, and filled with premium features, the new Toyota Highlander is the perfect SUV for busy families. Every detail has been designed with your family in mind, including the numerous advanced safety features.
Toyota Safety Sense™ 2.0 (TSS 2.0)
The 2020 Toyota Safety Sense™ 2.0 is the latest suite of innovative safety features offered in new Toyota vehicles. Using a variety of sensors, radar, and cameras, this bundle alerts you to potential hazards and can take corrective action if needed. There are many features available, including:
- Pre-Collision System with Low-Light Pedestrian Detection. By combining millimeter-wave radar with a camera capable of shape recognition, this system detects vehicles, pedestrians, or bicyclists and provides an audio/visual alert if a collision is possible. If you don’t react, the system can trigger automatic braking support.
- Lane Departure Alert with Steering Assist. You will receive both an audible and visual warning if an inadvertent lane departure is detected at speeds above 32 mph.
- Road Sign Assist. Using a forward-facing camera, this system detects certain road signs such as speed limit signs, stop signs, and yield signs and will display them on the screen.
Other Safety Features
In addition to the Toyota Safety Sense™ 2.0 system, there are many other available safety features, including:
- Blind Spot Monitor with Rear Cross-Traffic Alert. If a vehicle is detected in your blind spot, even if you are in reverse, you will receive an audible and visual warning.
- Front and Rear Parking Assist with Automated Braking. Using sonar and cameras, this system is designed to detect moving or standing pedestrians behind the vehicle. If action isn’t taken, brake control will engage to help minimize damage.
If you would like to learn more about the safety features available on the 2020 Toyota Highlander or any of our other new Toyota cars for sale near Glendale, CA, please give us a call to chat with our Toyota dealers.